Tuesday 17 November 2009

Jamie's Big Night Out!


This event was by far one of the most enjoyable and best-coordinated functions I've done yet at Fifteen. Kate and the rest of the team did an incredible job planning the event, and everything ran smooth as butter. There were lots of VIP's in attendance, most notably Jamie Oliver and performer Jamie Cullum, who as a part of the auction "sold off" a performance of Beyonce's "Single Ladies." I'm still unsure whether it was entertaining, perplexing, or just frightening... but that's beside the point: he helped us raise loads of money for the organization. At the end of the night, we had raised approximately £200,000 for Fifteen Foundation. Job well done!


The only contact I had with Mr. Oliver was when I was standing at the bottom of the stairs, literally right in his way, and then stood there sort of dumb as he politely said "excuse me." Greeeat first impression!


As the night came to a close, there were left-over slices of a chocolate coffee truffle tart with crème fraîche ice-cream. I couldn't resist! I had two slices, oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment